Thank you for visiting Alpha. You have now logged out.
To access the Alpha Private Client Area please login above with your username and password.
If you wish to register with us please contact:
Alpha Insurance Analysts Ltd, 107 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 5JF
T: 020 7767 3420 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Market News articles are for registered members only. Please input your email and provided password within the client login box at the top right of this page to view our articles in full.
Alternatively you can register for access to our Market News from HERE.
If you have forgotten your password please click HERE
or contact us below:
Tel: 020 7767 3433
Fax: 020 7022 8781
Alpha Insurance Analysts Ltd
: Undefined index: client_login_id in /var/www/vhosts/aianalysts.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/rttheme18/header-design2.php
on line 58
Notice: Undefined variable: user_data in /var/www/vhosts/aianalysts.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/rttheme18/header-design2.php on line 76
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/aianalysts.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/rttheme18/header-design2.php on line 76
to the Alpha Private Client Area.
Click on the Private Client Area icon to view information
relating to your personal underwriting through Alpha.
Visit Market News to read Alpha’s commentary on events
and listen to audio files of Alpha meetings and other
events on Diary Dates.
Willis Re 1st View January 2019: Contrasting Realities 03/01/2019
Willis Re has released the January edition of its thrice-annual update of global reinsurance market conditions.
- Reinsurance placements at January 1, 2019, highlight a pricing gap between accounts with peak peril exposures or poor loss records and the rest, with many reinsurers placing emphasis on the quality of client counterparties.
- In property catastrophe renewals, cedants with good loss records and a disciplined, early renewal process achieved risk-adjusted rate reductions, while loss impacted accounts are seeing upward pricing across a number of lines.
- The insurance-linked securities (ILS) market faces a more comprehensive test in the absence of a major pricing uptick following significant loss erosion for some funds in both 2017 and 2018, and some funds are challenged in attracting new investors.
- Some primary lines are seeing significantly larger rate increases than treaty reinsurance business.
- Reinsurers have benefited from increases in premium ceded by large carriers, notably through large new pro rata cessions where terms have slightly tilted in reinsurers’ favour.
Click here for access to the full report.